Mike is at work. I am praying that he is feeling ok. He forgot his lunch. I should have remembered to hand it to him. He said that he slept pretty good last night. He took 3 Goody's night time powders. I am praying that he gets a full check on Friday. This mess with the doctor's not calling Metlife back and giving the info they need is ridiculous. Those doctors have caused so many problems. Usually you hear about the insurance company causing problems but our experience has always been the doctors. But this is in God's hands now. We can do nothing about it. We have done all we can...at the moment. I have been stressed too the last few days. I don't want to fuss or yell at the children. I love them. God has entrusted me this precious, beautiful girls to teach them about Him. With all my heart, I want to do just that. God gives me peace when I am stressed. Reading His Word provides hope within my soul. I will not and cannot give in to temptation.
Today R is starting a new workbook. She has been wanting to start this workbook for a while now. It is very colorful...she likes those types of workbooks. I think Singapore Math is colorful. Maybe I should look closer at them. I will put that link up too. Mike likes MUS and R likes that they used the rods but it is so expensive. He doesn't want her to be discouraged in math like we were. We haven't looked too much at Singapore and maybe we could use some cuisenare rods with it. It would be a lot cheaper. I am really excited about Bigger Hearts for His Glory and Drawn Into the Heart of Reading. I just think that maybe I need something written out for me so I won't be stressed if I am doing it right. I know she will only be 7 this year but I think I am going to do it pretty relaxed this coming year and still get what needs to be done, done. I just need to get a phonics/reading program for E and maybe a math...she loves workbooks. But we will use a lot of manipulatives for that.
I am also really excited about this summer. It will be training time!! I will look at the habits list for Charlotte Mason. I believe I have found 2 sites of those and I will post the links. I am really optomistic. After all that has happened this year, sometimes it can be a struggle to be optomistic, but I am praying continually for that.
May this day and my life bring glory to our Lord and Savior, Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment