Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Online Bible Study

I am thinking about doing a new devotional, A Place of Quiet Rest, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It seems like a wonderful book. At the end of each chapter is a personal reflection section. I think I will be typing out what jumped out at me during my devotional time and I will be writing about my personal reflections. There are personal reflections by Elisabeth Elliot, Kay Arthur, Vonette Bright, and others. There are 12 chapters, but I am thinking about taking a few days per chapter. I also want to get some Bible reading done during my devotional time (that would be first, of course). If there is anyone who wants to join me...come on! :-)

Abiding in His love…

April B

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to see if I can borrow this book from the library, at least until I think about buying it. I'll join you in this devotinal.....just the title alone sounds so peaceful....... that's where I want to be, a place of quiet rest.

I 'm reading one of her books right now....Lies Women Believe. I like her alot.

Anonymous said...

When will you be starting A Place of Quiet Rest? I requested the book from the library. I don't know how long it will take to get because I had to borrow it from another county in my state. The county I live in any copies in the state.

April B. said...

Do you know about the time that you may get it? I was thinking of starting it next week. But I'll wait, no problem! :-)

Anonymous said...

It usually takes about a week, but could take longer. I will let you know as soon as I get the book. If your anxious to start go ahead. I will just start off where you are at. I can catch up later.