Saturday, August 09, 2008

Midwife appointment~33wks & first softball practice

My appointment went really well. My bp was 120/74 and we attributed it being up a little more because I was by myself with all 3 kids and about something that had happened earlier (no need to go into details). So basically it was stress related, but still within normal range. My pulse was actually a little lower than usual...not sure why. The baby is in the same position, ROA. The heart tones were at 136 and it has been that way for a while. I am also measuring right on target but you wouldn't think so because my belly is HUGE! I will take a pic next week, it will be 4wks since last belly pic. We talked for a little bit and that's it. She has noticed that either I am not swelling at all or if I am, it doesn't last. Oh and I gained a pound. I actually hope I gained a pound and not the baby. Mike keeps saying this baby will be over 10 lbs! Anyway, the baby is healthy, I am healthy and I am believing the labor, birth and post-partum will be healthy as well.

Yesterday was Rachel's first softball practice. I would have pics but I didn't want to be THAT mom on the first day of practice. She was really nervous and reserved at first. We didn't know ANYONE there. Towards the end she started opening up and participating better. She is really excited that her team name is CHAOS and the color is red! She is also really excited that she needs a helmet, bat and maybe a batting glove and bag. She is really nervous about the games and people watching her. But I believe she will get more used to it from doing the practices. There were some parents there that really got on my last nerve! They were getting way too into it and trying to coach their kid from the bleachers. This was the FIRST practice, it was JUST a practice and these are 7-8 yr old girls! There was one dad that berated his daughter for missing the ball. Mike and I were floored at the behavior of some of the parents. I am so glad the coach told the children not to listen to the parents while they were on the field and if the parents couldn't encourage their child positively then to not say anything. Mike said that if he were the coach, he wouldn't allow the parents at the practices. Rachel also picked her jersey number. She is number 10. :-) I am so glad that if they can't make a game or practice, that it is ok. That is good considering it is soon to be that time for this baby to come.

Anyway, that was most of our day yesterday. It was fun...but tiring. :-)

No comments: