What I am doing to make this pregnancy healthy...
Now I am trying to anyway. I can never gain "a little" weight when I am pregnant, no matter what I do. These are things I am doing to make this pregnancy more bearable and more healthy.- sitting on my birth/exercise ball for at least 2hrs off and on a day
- drinking pregnancy tea (rrl, nettles and alfalfa), the new blend I am going to use has those 3 plus lemon balm, peppermint and oatstraw. I fill my coffee pot up to the 8 cup mark and tie the loose tea (a loose handful) in a coffee filter. It works great! I put no lemon or any sweetener in tea...for some reason I handle it better that way.
- I try to walk 3mi a day with my walking DVDs. If I can only do 1mi that is good, at least it is something. I also use resistance bands and 3 lb free weights.
- I DRINK A LOT of water and besides the tea, that is all I drink. I don't think you can drink too much while pregnant.
- I try to eat at least one cucumber a day
- I take many, many vitamins
- SuperMom multi (I am going to take SuperDad when these are finished, they are the same but without the iron. I don't need it.) (2)
- Calcium with Magnesium (3)
- Chromium (1)
- Cod Liver Oil (3 2x a day)
- Garlic (3 2x a day)
- Cranberry (3 2x a day)
- alfalfa (5 2x a day)
- I am going to start taking liquid chlorophyll when I get the order this week
- I am using A LOT more natural ingredients in my cooking and not buying any junk. Hubby is ok with that because he is wanting to eat more healthy (that is helping me a lot).
- I do not cook with anything except cast iron and stainless steel.
- Eating raw almonds to help with heartburn is a MUST! They are A LOT better for you than those sugary, chalky tums!
I think that is it...there may be more but sometimes this pregnancy brain isn't working to it's capacity! lol Hubby and I are really intrigued by the book Nourishing Traditions but haven't bought it yet...maybe one day. Oh and the one thing that has relaxed me during pregnancy. Sitting on the birth/exercise ball and listening to praise music. Nothing is better than praising the Lord when you have doubts encircling you and there He is to pick you up to tell you that everything will be ok. You are praising Him but there He is to lift you up. He is amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment