Human being, you have already been told what is good, what ADONAI demands of you - no more than to act justly, love grace and walk in purity with your God. ~Micah 6:8
Monday, October 01, 2007
*Free Homeschool T-Shirts*
Homeschool Boutique is giving away free t-shirts!! There are only a few left so hurry!! She posted about it on her BLOG!!
She has an AWESOME store that is to help get rid of the negative stigmas that are attached to homeschoolers!! How great is that????!!!
Love, live, laugh & learn!
April B
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
jHow do you get started in C. Mason style homeschooling? I am more of an ecclectic style homeschooler, I learned from the beginning I really don't like the sit down at your desk and do school from textbooks all day,everyday. We do use some text books such as math and English. Though I'm not so sure the English textbooks are neccessary. Why do we need to know what the prepositional phrase of a sentence is anyway? When you write are you thinking of those things? No, you just write and then go back and fix mistakes. It just seems pointless. We are doing a unit study right now, which I love. I just feel I need some direction on how to get started the CM style. What do you suggest? Is there a book I can buy to use as a guide, like a unit study would be? You can email me at js5munro@windstream.net, if you like.
I would suggest going to www.simplycharlottemason.com That is the BEST website I have come across that shows a mom step by step the CM style of teaching...and learning. I have met Sonya a few times. I have been to her habits workshop and it was phenomenal! I also love www.queenhomeschool.com We use their language lessons and the girls love them. Hope this helps! :-) I am going to email you this just in case.
2 comments:
jHow do you get started in C. Mason style homeschooling? I am more of an ecclectic style homeschooler, I learned from the beginning I really don't like the sit down at your desk and do school from textbooks all day,everyday. We do use some text books such as math and English. Though I'm not so sure the English textbooks are neccessary. Why do we need to know what the prepositional phrase of a sentence is anyway? When you write are you thinking of those things? No, you just write and then go back and fix mistakes. It just seems pointless.
We are doing a unit study right now, which I love. I just feel I need some direction on how to get started the CM style. What do you suggest? Is there a book I can buy to use as a guide, like a unit study would be? You can email me at
js5munro@windstream.net, if you like.
I would suggest going to www.simplycharlottemason.com That is the BEST website I have come across that shows a mom step by step the CM style of teaching...and learning. I have met Sonya a few times. I have been to her habits workshop and it was phenomenal! I also love www.queenhomeschool.com We use their language lessons and the girls love them. Hope this helps! :-) I am going to email you this just in case.
Post a Comment