Saturday, September 22, 2007

I shouldn't let that get to me

I shouldn't let when someone makes comments like that get to me. When Mike told me that someone said that right after they had drill, I was like...huh? How could someone join the military...any branch...and not think it could be a possibility? This unit went to Iraq a year ago I believe. Of course it was a new guy...completely new to military, but still. I mean, goodness, Mike and I prayed over the decision until God gave us peace and understanding over the decision. Joining the military is not a decision to be taken lightly. It just frustrates me when people take it as such. I am proud of my husband. Thursday we had to go get our military ID's and I felt honored to be walking with my man. I always do but it was different. He has a certain confidence when he is in the military...especially in uniform. 3 people thanked him for his service...3. On the way home today I explained to the girls why he was thanked. To them, he is already their hero...their daddy. He joined the military because he feels at home in uniform. He wants to protect us, this nation and Israel. I told them of our friend who has come close to death to protect us and this nation. I salute them, I pray for them, and I defend them when evil and ignorance is spoken of them. They risk a lot and some, their own lives so we can live over here as if nothing has changed...but it has. It is time for America to stand up and really support the troops. Not just with the little magnets on the cars (which are great) but really stand up. Don't just thank the one's coming home. Thank the one's that are here. Keep their spirits up too. When a gentleman or lady in uniform comes in a restaurant, gas station, grocery store, etc. clap, go over to them and thank them. Tell them you appreciate them. They love to hear it, but what you will probably hear them say is, "You are welcome, sir/maam, it is my duty". Now let it be our duty to show them our appreciation. I am counting on you America and so are they.

Appreciating our military!

April B

No comments: